Saturday, February 7, 2015

Best Animated Movie of 2014



Hey everyone! Today I just wanna share to you what I believed to be one of the best animated movies of 2014. If you haven't seen the movie, be forewarned. there are spoilers ahead. So go check out the movie and return back for discussions! 

                                           



Disney's movie Big Hero 6 is inspired by Marvel comic books and entails the story of a young boy named Hiro Hamada and a robot Baymax who protect the city of San Fransokyo against a masked villain. For me, Disney makes some of the most memorable movies that create our childhood. This movie in particular has to take the cake as it has characters you can't help but develop bonds with. This movie also has a serious plot to it although it is dampened by the child humor from some of the characters. In most Disney films, deaths are uncommon, however we are introduced to an individual who embodies the optimistic, caring, and responsible person we someday hope to meet in real life. This character is Tadashi Hamada, the older brother who looks after Hiro Hamada along with his Aunt Cass. What made this movie unique to me was the concept of letting go and not letting emotions cloud your judgement. The actions of Professor Callaghan were not justifiable, and it was through his clouded judgement and revenge that caused others like Hiro to suffer. The moving scene that got to me the most was when Baymax displayed videos of Tadashi as he worked on him, in attempts to comfort Hiro. Overall, this was an enjoyable movie and I would recommend it to people of all ages. That's all for tonight. This is Leonard Yalong, signing off!





Disagree Big Hero 6 was the Best Animated Movie of 2014? Leave comments below on what you believed the Best Animated Movie of 2014 was!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Leonard. I wanted to take my kids to see this, but I wasn't sure how a 5-year-old girl would react to the serious plot and someone dying. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leonard,
    I heard his movie was really good but I never got to watch the trailer. Since you posted the trailer I really want to watch it when it comes out on redbox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited about this movie. I seen the trailer and I feel that this going to make a lot of people tear up. I'm waiting for it to be on Netflix because going to watch it on theater is going to be really expensive.

    ReplyDelete